Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 July 2011

ON THE PAIN OF DEATH


On the pain of death, I shall not tell you,
I shall not reveal, the one I love,
On the pain of death I shall not let it slip,
I shall not allow the wisp to meander its way into an ear,
I promise never to tell,
I will not even budge.
They say that a rolling stone gathers not moss,
My stone shall never roll,
Like the monoliths of old,
Like the British Stonehenge,
I shall stand firm,
I shall be strong,
Be strong for you.

On the pain of death,
I promise to be true,
True as the north,
Straight as the arrow,
Sure footed I will move,
Slowly and carefully,
Gently and softly,
On the pain of death, yes on the pain of death.


On the pain of death,
I promise to be yours,
Yours forever and shared by none other,
I promise to cherish and remember,
Never let the ember,
Fade and go out,
Allow myself to be dismembered,
To save your name, and your honour,
On the pain of death,
On the pain of death.

3 comments:

  1. I love this poem. it makes death something that can be dealt with. I hate death

    ReplyDelete
  2. great keep up.

    ReplyDelete